Amlogic T962E android 7.1 4K TV Box Review

If you have a problem with the TV Box, something does not work or work poorly here you can add a question
H96tvbox

Amlogic T962E android 7.1 4K TV Box Review

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:16 am

Amlogic T962E SoC Powers H96 Mini TV Box with HDMI Input, HDMI Output.
HDMI input can be a useful addition to Android TV boxes, or media centers, as they allow for functions such as PiP (Picture in Picture), PVR/DVR (Personal / Digital Video Recording), and potentially video broadcasting with the box taking input from your set-top box (or other HDMI device), and broadcasting the video over your network in order to make it accessible to other computer or mobile devices on your home network, or the Internet.
About more>>>https://www.h96tvbox.com/android-tv-box ... eview.html<<<
H96 Mini specifications [Updated based on comments]:
SoC – Amlogic T962E quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor with ARM Mali-450 MP3
System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 128GB
Video I/F – HDMI 2.0a output with HDR, CEC, and HDCP 2.2 support, HDMI 2.0 input, AV port (composite)
Audio I/F – HDMI In/Out, AV port (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF
Video Playback – 4K HDR; 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60 Hz, VP9 Profile 2 up to 4K @ 60 Hz, H.264 up to 4K @ 30 Hz, H.263, MPEG-4 codecs
Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
Misc – TBD
Power Supply – TBD
Dimensions – 10 x 10 x 1.9 cm
Weight – 130 grams
The device runs Android 7.1, and ships with a power adapter, a remote control, a HDMI cable, and an English user manual.
The H96 Mini t962e runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system. It is rooted, well rooted I might add, that app my Keymapping and mirroring apps works without any problems, something many high end boxes struggle and in some cases cannot do. Another thing that recently came to my attention was that once keymapping and mirroring cannot run on certain boxes, so to does webcams. However, webcams work well on this box. The H96 Mini uses the same launcher as previous H96 models, and it functions smooth with a navigation bar at the bottom and a status bar at the top for easy navigation and multitasking. The box comes with your normal set of system and browsing applications, and additional apps like Miracast Netflix and KDMC. There’s a new application here which is TV app. This is simply a secondary display from another media output which utilizes the HDMI input port on the box.
The Amlogic T962E features four ARM Cortex-A53 cores with a pentacore Mali-450 GPU. Gaming performance should be decent,
4K 60fps video playback is supported, in addition to HDR for improved image quality on supported TVs.
It also features HDMI In, so you’ll be able to connect other HDMI devices to it (up to 4K is supported). However, there’s no word on whether recording is supported or if you can only view a connected device.
Summary

The H96 Mini makes for a good budget Android TV box.

It will have no problems streaming from online sources such as Netflix, YouTube, or Kodi.

The WiFi was blazing fast at 185Mbps Download speed making it one of the fastest wireless units available.

The HDMI-In and HDMI-Out ports are also a plus with most units only having HDMI-Out port.

I am still testing the unit so far with good results and will update if anything changes.

Return to “TV Box”

About AndroidTVBox.eu Forum

AndroidTVBox.eu Forum is dedicated to

all fans of TV Box, Kodi and more. We help you!!!

Here you can find help or answers to your questions

about TV Boxes, Firmware / Roms, Vendors, etc.