MXQ Pro+ 4K

If you have a problem with the TV Box, something does not work or work poorly here you can add a question
pgoesinya

MXQ Pro+ 4K

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello everybody! I am happy to have found you all and hoping I can meet someone that can help me with my problem.

I have an MXQ Pro+ 4k with S905, 2GB and 16GB (P201). The real reason I am seeking assistance is the only firmwares I can find for flashing are all Android 5.1 which for reasons unknown to me hovers 30-50% CPU usage just sitting at the main menu doing nothing. I have used root uninstall programs to uninstall loads of unnecessary items (phone, mms support, etc) and to no avail. I've also tried using a tool that allows you to stop things loading at boot time with Android, but again to no avail.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to build an img that would work with this hardware that's Android 7.1 or 4.4.x (I don't use wifi, so that isn't such a consideration for me as I see many ROM's say wifi doesn't work). The hardware is solid and I know this box will perform the things I want to use it for, but losing 30+ % of my CPU power just sitting idle seems excessive to me. I have an S805 MXQ box with Andriod 4.4 and it idles like it should using around 3-10% CPU, which is what I'd expect. My 2 U2C S912 systems again, same thing. The S912 systems only use 10% CPU when watching a movie in Kodi. Yes, I do realize the S912 is an Octa-core vs. the Quad-core S905, but even if I double that CPU usage in my head for only having half the CPU's it shouldn't go higher than 20%, so, that said, I think that perhaps this is an issue with Android 5.x hogging CPU needlessly.

Anybody have any tips, suggestions or know of any good working ROM's for MXQ Pro+ 4K with S905 2GB 16GB they might recommend I try flashing?

I appreciate any information or assistance anybody might care to lend.

Regards,

Peter
pgoesinya

Re: MXQ Pro+ 4K

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:03 pm

I thought I'd provide an update. It seems that after 2 months of combing the web to find a build that doesn't keep the CPU pegged, I did finally find one that someone posted at gearbest.

https://mega.nz/#!wksniRyR!aHhQXpGaJZCV ... _AexDG8BgY

Again, this works brilliantly on:

Amlogic S905
2GB RAM
16GB ROM

Wifi works too! I don't know about the remote functions because I use a mini keyboard with my entertainment box.

Also, to note, this build is still Android 5.1.1...

Peter

Return to “TV Box”

About AndroidTVBox.eu Forum

AndroidTVBox.eu Forum is dedicated to

all fans of TV Box, Kodi and more. We help you!!!

Here you can find help or answers to your questions

about TV Boxes, Firmware / Roms, Vendors, etc.